FREE EASY BEEF RECIPES FOR FAST FAMILY MEALS
AND FARM UPDATES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.
Especially when preparing for guests at our home, I like recipes that are easy, quick and don't take much of my time.
Do you know how super easy it is to make Bar-B-Q Sandwiches to feed a group of teenagers or any hungry crowd? It is also extremely quick and simple to make just for your family or to take to a church dinner or a summer picnic.
I like serving these beef sandwiches because it can feed a lot of people, it is filling, easy to make, tastes good, and you can always freeze any leftover meat.
How I Prepare My Bar-B-Q Sandwiches:
- The night before, I pull out 1 to 3 roasts (chuck, arm, or rump roast - what is in my freezer at the time), depending on how many people I'm feeding, and I put them in my large crockpot with a little water in the bottom of the pot. I let it cook all night on low. How easy is that?!
- In the morning, I pull out the meat and let it cool a little before shredding it with a fork.
- I add my Bar-B-Q sauce (recipe below) or you can add your favorite bottled sauce.
- After mixing the meat and the sauce, I put it in the refrigerator until I am ready to heat it up before serving or I put it in the freezer to serve later.
Bar-B-Q Sauce Recipe:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 heaping Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Salt to taste
Fry chopped onions until golden brown in a little oil or butter. Add all other ingredients. Add some water or beef broth. Cook until thick. Add this to your cooked beef. You can make this sauce ahead and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. This sauce recipe is for one roast. I usually double or triple this recipe for my family.
I hope this recipe helps you feed your family or a hungry crowd at your next gathering. If you are looking to fill your freezer with high quality, flavorful beef, click here. We would love to help you put fast meals on the table!
A Happy Farmer's Wife,